Canoe & Kayak Rentals
FROG Canoe & Kayaks is officially closed for the season. We hope to see all new and returning customers back again next year in 2023! #paddleon
Our secondary FROG location is open ALL YEAR ROUND!
An online reservation will still be needed for visit. No walk-ins will be accepted. We appreciate your cooperation!
Please check our website frequently for more updates on upcoming events coming in 2023.
** we charge weekend rates on holidays **
A collection of cars we've renovated with passion
Shop location: 1800 Double Trouble Rd, Beachwood NJ 08722
Shop location: 201 Hanover St, Pemberton Boro, NJ 08068
Click the image to download the FROG Flyer PDF
Click the image to download the FROG Map PDF
Click the image to download the FROG Waiver PDF
Click the image to download the FROG Pemberton Flyer PDF
FROG is a veteran-owned business offering canoe and kayak rentals in Ocean & Burlington County, New Jersey.
We provide the equipment needed for you to have a successful trip on the creek, including life jackets, paddles, and transportation.
We want you to have the best paddling experience!
"THE FROG WILL SET YOU UP!"
Frequently Asked Questions
What are your shop hours?
- 7 am - 12 pm. Open 7 days a week. These same hours apply to weekdays & weekends.
Where are your drop-in locations?
- Girl Scout Camp (4-5 hrs)
- Dover Forge (7-8 hrs)
- White Bridge (3-4 hrs)
- Pemberton Boro (no length time)
What are your drop in times?
- Our drop-in times can be anytime as early as 7 am and the latest 12 pm.
The trips we provide have certain drop-in time frames as followed:
- Dover Forge: 7 - 9 am
- Girl Scout Camp: 7 - 11 am
- White Bridge & Pemberton Boro: 7 am - 12 pm
*please be advised that the state regulates our business hours inside the state park*
When is your last pick-up time?
- Our last pick-up time is no later than 5 pm, after that time will be a $25 late fee per boat.
Where is the pick-up location?
- The pick-up spot is at the old railroad "Trestle" located in Lanoka Harbor.
How do I make a reservation?
- Via text, call, email, or fill out the form located in the "reservations" tab of our website.
Reservations are to be made during our business hours for our convenience.
Anything after the exceeding time will not guarantee in a quick response or confirmed reservation until the next business day.
What do I need to include in a reservation?
- Reservation Name, Date, Time, Number/Type of Boats and a Drop in Location.
When is your last drop in time?
- The last drop-in time is no later than 12 pm (White Bridge (3-4hr) ONLY).
Where are you located?
- 1800 Double Trouble Rd, Beachwood NJ 08722
- 201 Hanover St, Pemberton Boro NJ 08068
Can I rent a boat to use on a different waterway?
- Yes, if you are experienced with the waterway and would like to rent a boat for a day, we are happy to accommodate! Contact info and a form of ID from each renter will be needed.
Do you allow pick-ups at Western Blvd?
- There will be NO pick-ups at Western Blvd on Fridays, Saturdays, or Sundays.
How many people fit in a canoe?
- 2 adults and 1 child under the age of 8 years old fit in a canoe.
What do I wear/bring?
- Wear a bathing suit or any clothing you wouldn't mind getting wet that can dry quickly.
- Wear water shoes, crocs, or old worn out sneakers.
- Bring lots of water, packed sandwiches, snacks, sunscreen, bug spray and a cooler.
- Other essentials such as sunglasses, hats, and koozies can be brought as well.
*some of these items can be purchased at our shop*
remember: there are no trash cans along the way, so what you bring in, you must bring out!
Onion bags are available in the shop or on the buses.
Address: 1800 Double Trouble Rd.
Beachwood, NJ 08722
HOW DO I MAKE A RESERVATION?
please follow the format to the right and in the message boxes please leave your reservation group name, the date & time you plan to paddle, the location, and the number/types of boats you'd like to rent.
Dover Forge trips times must be before 9 am to ensure the last 5 o'clock boat pick up. This trip is for single kayaks ONLY!
Effective immediately, FROG will no longer be providing transportation for personal canoes or kayaks ("private transports"). Only rentals will be provided. Rentals still include life jackets, paddles, and transportation to and from the creek.
Due to the current water level at Cedar Creek, we will NOT be running trips to the Dover Forge or the Ore Pond (Girl Scout Camp) until further notice. Only White Bridge reservations will be accepted.